Subject: [Leica] Sigh......
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Nov 11 19:34:28 2006

Jeffery,
With scanners picking up any flaw in a negative I've found that I can not
afford to not use a hardening fixer.  Just pulling a negative out of the
sleeve can leave enough of a scratch that I have to heal the wound before I
print it.

As to Rodinal, with the higher speed films I mostly use, Xtol 1:2 or 1:3
works better magic for me.  But I think that I will try Acros in Rodinal
1:50 to see if I can get better tonality than I can with Xtol.  I think that
the increased edge effects will work to my advantage.  I'll find out in the
next couple of weeks.  Heresy, I will be using a tripod with an M and modern
glass to see just what can be done on some abstract images with 35mm.