Subject: [Leica] M8 in stock in the Netherlands
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Nov 15 05:47:55 2006

-----Original Message-----
Henning wrote:

>>I said that a full frame sensor digital M
couldn't be done with the technology evident last
year.... New technology WILL appear; a full frame digital
M WILL be possible as will lots of other things.<<

I predict that in an effort of one-up-manship someone in the not too
distant future will offer a 36mm x 25mm digital sensor, thus starting a
massive paradigm shift in the concept of "full frame".

When future anthropologists uncover the writings of the current
generation -- all of which will be found on a tiny magnetic microdot
which they'll struggle to decipher -- eras will be split into categories
of WFFWFF and TLDFFWB. (When Full Frame Was Full Frame, and The Line
Defining Full Frame Was Blurred).

This fits with another of my predictions that in the future the need for
vowels will be eliminated and people will go crazy with Acronyms. 35x25
will be considered SBTFFBSAFCFMF (Slightly Bigger Than Full Frame But
Still A Far Cry From Medium Format).

daveR