Subject: [Leica] Should I shouldn't I R8 to DMR
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Nov 15 14:08:25 2006

Steve, I have procrastinated about digital and the DMR in particular,
BUT  when I finally took it out and used it, I was just so happy.
Yes, its a bit heavier than my winderless R8, but the camera's
operations are fantastic, and it would seem that it has 2 future
proofing advantages: 1. I have been "told" that Leica intend to work
on a new back, as well as or before the integrated SLR. Its a market
they "own" and 2. flipping open the back and cleaning the sensor
should be a breeze. NOW if only Leica would send it back from
Germany, so I can start flogging it!!!

Cheers