Subject: [Leica] Brightness of M8 viewfinder
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Wed Nov 15 18:17:47 2006

Dear LUG,
        I have read with curiosity references to the relative dimness of the
M8 viewfinder when compared to some other M camera's viewfinder.  To
my eye there is no difference between my new M8 and my fairly recent
MP, my 16 year old M6, (it did have an MP rangefinder transplant) and
my 1961 M3.  Distrusting my own eyesight, I conducted an experiment
using the cameras pointed at an illuminated surface and measuring the
output of the eyepiece with a Luna-pro digital light meter.  There
was no difference in the reading.  To me this says that the
rangefinders are of equal brightness.  There were differences in the
apparent color of the display seen in the viewfinder, the M3 had a
cooler color to my eye, the others appeared the same.

Lee

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Leica Digilux3; Early Pix, User Inputs?)