Subject: Was RE: [Leica] M8 Impressions now Eye stuff
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 16 04:27:23 2006

Hi Richard, firstly my apologies if this is an imposition. Can you provide a
basic summary of how M viewfinders and eyepieces relate
to eye glasses corrections?
Each time I have an eye check up or new glasses, I try to quiz my
optometrists, however, it is evidently out of their normal area. I
understand that the uncorrected viewfinder on an M7 is -.5 dioptre. There
are a number of (expensive) corrective lenses but I am
steadily going broke having to buy them untested to try out. Should the
total of correction (camera plus correction eyepiece)equal
the glasses distance correction for the master eye? Or do I have it all
muddled? I'm told that my master eye prescription is -.5
with no astigmatism. I need correction for both reading and distance. I use
progressives. I have never been able to use glasses with
cameras and so would like to have the same correction through the finder, as
though they are on.
Cheers
Hoppy