Subject: [Leica] [Fwd: Re: M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"]
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Fri Nov 17 15:03:23 2006

> As a former owner of an M8, I maintain that the M8 is already a failure.
>
> Some diehards will buy it, some will buy it because they want the latest
> expensive camera jewelery around their neck, but serious M photographers
> will ultimately shun it.
>
> All the claptrap that I read about the M8 being "a real M camera" is just
> that, claptrap. It may walk like a duck but it doesn't quack like one.

I thing there are many members of the LUG are photographers with an
important experience in digital photography using Canon, Nikon, Olympus
and whatever brand they use. We all know *horrible* stories about the
launching problems. I have had some. The EOS 5D kit zoom -24-105-had a
problem and returned to Canon for a revision; my Nikon D200 has a strong
banding problem-under some circumstances that I never was able to find
out-  that was finally repaired. You know what? I had shot thousand of
pictures with both without never realizing that I had got a problem. If
I had spent many many hours trying to discover the faults may be I'd
knew them.  So referring my soon coming M8 I am not nervous  at all. If
there is something -that this time I am able to see- Leica will fix it
and I'll enjoy my camera.

Regards.

Felix

PS. I understand it could be different for those who *must* work with
the M8.