Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Fri Nov 17 15:36:40 2006

>That aside, it is really difficult for me to understand how using a camera
>for a week can make a man display so much vitriol toward a  camera and the
>creators of that camera.

It far more than just "a week". I had my own for that amount of time, yes.
But I have invested a great deal of my personal energy in years of planning,
hope, and aspiration. Not to mention two trips to Germany at least
tangentally related to the camera including attending Photokina last month
and attending a day long Leica Akademie in Wetzlar to be one of the first to
see and use an M8.

Let down? Boy howdy, am I.

And I know for sure that I wasn't the only one who returned the camera to
our mutual dealer. More than a couple. More than a few. Many did.

>A lot of people on this list are thinking about buying an M8 and
>follow the M8 threads with interest.

Anyone interested in the M8 who has the money should absolutely buy one --
but make sure it comes with a money back guarantee just in case...

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com
My Blog: http://www.david-keenan.com/euroblog