Subject: [Leica] M8 ad nauseum
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Nov 19 18:28:33 2006

> LUG:
>
> This is my last post on the M8 controversy.  All of you guys who have
> bought M8's and are dissatisfied with them, send them to me.  I'd be
> glad to make use of them and save you the trouble of sending them
> back to Leica.  All of you guys who have not bought or used M8's, shut up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tina
>
> P.S.  I will continue to post photos using the M8 and the M7 and the
> M6 and the R6.2 and the R8 and the Canon 5D and the Canon 1DMII
> whenever we happen to be talking about photography and not equipment.

Actually a lot of this discussion is about photography: where its going,
but also how do we solve problems with the digital images we are getting
with Leica equipment just as we discussed how do we solve problems with
the film based media: yes there is hysteria about the new and some think
too expensive M camera, but I've learned a lot about colour management,
colour profiles and how they can be adjusted to balance out shifts, noise,
the influence of IR and perhaps other non-visible bands (the sensor is
apparently prone to problems with cosmic rays: and that is in the manual)
etc. The LUG has always been about filtering the noise anyway ;-)

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] M8 ad nauseum)