Subject: [Leica] Nepal photo
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 13:24:23 2006

Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net> wrote:

> I wonder how they got those Cows on the bridge

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/album119/2004NepalLge26.
jpg.html>?
> I'd think they'd balk at walking across something they could see
through...

Once when my daughter took her horse on a trail in the sierra nevada, we
came upon a cattle guard the trail crossed; the cattle guard is the thing
that looks like a bunch of railroad rails suspended across a pit and yes
the cattle refuse to cross it.  This one had a steel plate welded across so
that horses could cross safely; no matter, when the horse saw the cattle
guard his eyes got really big and he planted his feet as if to say "no way,
I'm not crossing that thing".  I walked ahead of him and showed him how to
cross safely, at which point he walked carefully and calmly across.  No big
deal on the return trip.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com