Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's going to be all right" -- NOT!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Nov 25 09:46:13 2006

It's not that your opinions are unpopulare, David, it's that you
haven't articulated them in a way that any of us have been able to
grasp and your opinions are so dramatic that it makes reading them
almost impossible to process because we don't KNOW what the hell you
really dislike.

Obviously you really don't like the shutter sound and that's certainly
fair game. I haven't heard one and I'll be interested to compare one
to my M6 with a motor drive - a unit I frequently use.

And you're not a fan of having an LCD on the back of the camera for
some reason. The thickness part I get.

There are firmware issues that have arisen and I gather are being
addressed but no one has seen the results of those yet.

And there is the very wide color gamut issue and what to do about the
camera's IR sensitivity.

But for the life of me I don't understand what else is the problem? Do
you feel compelled to use features (the LCD) you dislike? Would you
rather wind the shutter yourself? Are you comparing this to an M7's
shutter sound? An R8's?

I don't get what you hate so deeply - and it's clearly hate not just a
mild dislike.

And I'm good with that, David, as long as I know how to factor it. If
you cannot articulate what you dislike then I'm afraid you are going
to be deservedly filtered on M8 issues because it's too frustrating.

PLEASE write the manifesto. Your opinion will be read with interest by
many people.

Adam