Subject: [Leica] Eric Runs img
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Nov 26 08:48:32 2006

SonC@aol.com wrote:
> My son Eric had no idea he had been running for office and on the
> republican
> ticket yet, until we crossed  Kansas:
>
> http://www.sonc.com/eric_politics.htm

Funny :-)

He better be careful. One of the parties over here on the lunatic fringe
to the right run in the elections here in September.

Elections are held by county. In some counties the party went in to the
election, but they were not organized and just went in with a
party ballot (no names on it, just a party identification).

Some cruel people (I guess) wrote in the names of enemies or, as a joke,
colleagues, or even representatives from the other end of the fringy divide.

So some poor souls got elected because 1) the party got enough votes to
be represented and 2) more people had put their name on the ballot than
anyone else's (and we could be talking about 2 or 3 votes here).

Eric might end up as an insurance commissioner :-)

Daniel