Subject: [Leica] How many are retired
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Nov 27 15:09:41 2006

Morning Vic,
I retired July 1 this year after working thirty plus years in China
trade and I confess that I have never been busier or happier - doing,
at my pace, what I want to do when I want to do it. September was
always a busy month when I was working. This September I went to
Photokina and was part of the LHSA tour to Wetzlar and Solms. I could
never do that when I was working. While in Germany I visited my
brother's grave at the Commonwealth War cemetery at Durnbach - he was
a bomber pilot with RCAF 405 squadron - the pathfinders leading the
other bombers to targets - and was shot down in Jan 1945 at the age
of 21. There was one survivor and I am now on his trail to get a
first hand account of those days. I would never have the time to do
that if I were still working. The internet BTW has been a wonderful
source for war time history and many people have been very helpful. I
now have time to cycle through the camera stores of Hong Kong on a
regular basis and to visit with friends - some old, some new.
Like many retired people I marvel that I ever found the time to work!
Cheers
Howard (in HK)