Subject: [Leica] 50mm rigid Summicron
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Bill Larsen)
Date: Mon Nov 27 20:32:37 2006

The archives (about 1997) have a much better discussion of this topic
than is my particular knowledge . (The LUG at that time was much more
equipment oriented).  You should find an engraving on the lenses head
that gives the true focal length.  I find that the barrels usually have
this in pencil inside. (Here is a 1999 posting which deals with
engraving on the actual barrel http://leica-users.org/v10/msg02873.html
- I have no idea what the second number is (+16 in your example).

As regards the DR Summicron, I also recall postings from the time that
indicated you had to be very careful with buying the lens used since
they were also matched with the optical finder.

Regards, Bill Larsen, Terra Bella, CA