Subject: [Leica] Re: Even further off topic from the off topics...
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Nov 30 07:40:23 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, Jon Stanton wrote:

> Bob,
> Re: Dylan's pitch....  Back in the 60's/70's there was a woman
> (Rosemary Bailey) that played organ in the lobby of First Federal
> (Madison & Dearborn) She had absolute pitch...meaning she could
> tell you the overtones of a fingernail scratching a blackboard.
> Rosemary said she would get headaches at CSO concerts...the
> Concertmaster did not possess perfect pitch....
>
> Case Knives:  My Dad was an Electrical Engineer and Ham Radio
> operator...He had a few knives which fit your description...I think
> he called it an "Electricians" modification.
>
> 60's Bands:  Baby Huey & the Baby Sitters, The Flock, New Colony
> Six. Although back then I split my time between "The Earl" of Old
> Towne...folk music venue and the numerous jazz clubs on Rush &
> Wells St's. There of course was the London House but I could never
> afford the cover. I was lucky as an underager to be able to sneak
> into most the clubs...
>
> Jon
>
> Oh yeh!  Another band was "Phil and the Blanks"

Jon -

Well!! One stop shopping for much-appreciated info.  Perhaps my self-
imposed ban for all these years on non-photo-related postings wasn't
such a good idea.

I confess to also having absolute pitch, although I don't share (with
others who have this acuity) a blanket intolerance to performers who
use a more interpretive pitch palette.

And thanks for your  confirmation of this apparently widely practiced
knife mod.

I really liked the Flock in the early seventies; later when I moved
to Chicago I worked with their violinist Jerry Goodman (also of
Mahavishnu Orchestra infamy) on a thing or two.

Bob Palmieri