Subject: [Leica] Re: CV 35mm Nokton f/1.2 (was Wanted: Noctilux)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Dec 2 07:29:06 2006

>Okay, I'm interested. Who else can share experience with this  lens?

>Is it a good alternative to the Summilux 35? What are the trade offs?
>Have you used both?

Ric, Sonny --

See Ted Grant's posting where he concludes with "I'd defy anyone to use it,
then tell me it wasn't a Leica lens! ;-)"

I first handled the lens at the Voigtlander booth at Photokina. It is a
large lens. But it is silky smooth, has a M mount, comes with a decent hood,
has beautiful fit and finish. (IMHO if it carried the Leica name, no one
would know the difference.)

I must admit that I haven't used it much yet so I cannot comment on it
optically but all that I have read, including Ted's comments, has told me
that I won't be disappointed.

I have used an early pre-ASPH Summilux but sold it. Actually it was too
small and I find the larger Nokton much easier to handle (specifically to
find and rotate the aperature ring). My other lenses of choice, the 2nd gen
Tri-Elmar and Konica dual 21-35mm, are both on the larger size so the Nokton
isn't unusually large for me.

I picked one up used but get yours new from my friend Stephen at
Cameraquest<http://www.cameraquest.com>
.

Dave.

--