Subject: [Leica] Yo tube m8
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Sat Dec 2 19:36:29 2006

Mark, I was at at Leica Days in Toronto yesterday and I went down from
London to specifically check out the new M8.
Keith Matson who is the Leica Sale CoOrdinator in Canada for Leica USA was
there with much Leica equipment on display at Eight Elm Camera a noted Leica
dealer in Toronto. I have to say I was really amazed at a large print on
display taken with the M8. It was I believe 20 x 30 or larger and it was
superb. I took a few shots in the store with the M8 and was not taken aback
at all by the sound of the shutter or "whirring" noise after the shutter is
snapped. In fact my wife who was sitting three feet away said she could not
even hear the sound. If you have been reading the Leica User Forum recently
perhaps you have seen the commentary by David Adamson in Washington who is a
professional printer. He has been amazed at the quality of the digital files
he has been printing. Some photographers who live in the area have gone by
his studio to check out the files he is printing and have been blown away by
the quality.
I guess seeing in person is believing.

Scott