Subject: [Leica] M8 Noise,etc...........I'm waiting.
From: lmdmd at att.net (lmdmd@att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 6 14:49:25 2006

I opted out of my M8 for now. I have the 5D and my beloved Canon lenses and
it is a great camera. I can't accept a 'less than special' M8 just because
it marries my lenses (eight total, including three I just got 'ROMed') to a
digital rangefinder. No fun.

Leica knows that there are lots of those like me out there. The pressure to
buy is very very heavy. In case you haven't heard, if you put an order in by
the end of December for your M8, they take one third off any lens ($1200 off
a trielmar!) and you get two lens ROMed for free. My dealer says that
they're very much aware that there are people like me waiting for the "Mark
II' version of the M8. In the past, there was a long lag between the film M
cameras. The digital M cameras will probably arrive every Fall. Five grand
is just too much to waste on "Mark I" when I have that fantastic 5D.

Leland