Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Dec 7 05:47:48 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 5:15 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

>   I wanted to see the unmanipulated results from each camera.  I did
> say I wasn't sure what that would prove since all digital photos
> require some adjusting - white balance, sharpening, noise removal -
> whatever.  I didn't want to test the conversion software.

IMHO before a slam-dunk is declared (as many of us are very willing to
do) each of the RAW files made under a variety of conditions should be
optimized using the software that best suits the file.  After all we
don't declare a slam-dunk for a particular B&W film when all films are
processed in the same developer for the same time; we optimize each
film's development and decide under what conditions each film/developer
combination produces the effect we're looking for.  The same should be
done with digital RAW files.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)
Message from xrogers at comcast.net (Clyde Rogers) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)