Subject: [Leica] Re: Mikado 4
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Sun Dec 10 17:09:17 2006

Actually, J. Austin Bitner and Alfonsina were married shortly
afterwards. As far as I knew her friends called her Alfonsina. I
never heard her called anything else. She is drop-dead gorgeous,
which is undoubtably why the Mikado's eyes were popping out. I
searched her in google: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Alfonsina_Molinari>

I assure you all that there is a lot more romance going on in the
dressing rooms than on the stage.

LUG readers from outside the United states likely don't realize the
true hilarity of Katisha reading Town and Country, a magazine
showcasing rich, young, beautiful, waspy New Yorkers and their titled
European friends. They show many different ethnicities, as long as
they are rich, young, and beautiful, but I have never seen a Jew in
Town and Country. Apparently there are no rich and beautiful Jews in
New York! And Katisha's real-life husband is the Hazzan of a synegogue!

Jesse

Peter Klein wrote:

Interesting that Mikado 4 was a dressing room shot.   It could just as
easily been the pose at the end of one of the love duets.  And the
tonality
is (forgive the pun) Yum-Yum, even if she played Peep-Bo.   Alfonsina
Molinari--what a great name for a singer.  What do her friends call her?

I also loved the incongruity of Katisha reading "Town and Country."
Great
job all around.

--Peter