Subject: [Leica] Re: Classic photos
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Dec 11 07:24:03 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 12:42 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> The South's true addiction isn't tobacco.
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/pepsi.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/5cents.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/Pepper.jpg.html>
>
> Some signs get reassigned in life.
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/reindeer.jpg.html>
>
> Real often, timing just sucks.
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/retirement.jpg.html>
>
> Milk of kindness with a dash of irony.
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Signage/OpenDoor-
> Chapel.jpg.html>
>
> Ric Carter
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Ric,

Those are truly classic photos. My favorites are the faded Pepsi sign
and the Shell gas station. The Pepsi sign looks very much like a
Robert Indiana painting and would certainly win a prize for still
life at any photo exhibit I've attended for the last few years. The
Shell station is a super example of one of those old establishments
made be representative of the product being sold. Excellent work!

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: Classic photos)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Re: Classic photos)