Subject: [Leica] Re: Chimps and gorillas
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 19:46:01 2006

  Huh? Other mammal species often kill the young of their rivals so that
their
young will survive. You call that tenderness?

  War, famine, death and disease have haunted us for a long time but we
continue to struggle to overcome those problems.  You're selling the humans
short. The breadth of human success is absolutely breathtaking. Do I have to
list
all of our accomplishments in art, music, medicine, language, optics,
mathematics, physics, etc? Maybe you don't realize that your life has been
immensely improved by the work of all of our ancestors. Sure, humans hung
with the chimps for a long time but we split off to do amazing things. The
chimps have not been as successful. There is no going back...haha...

  Regards,

  Larry K.

----------------------
larry:

Coudn't agree more.  We seem to have, if anything, DE-volved.

Compare the tenderness of of "other mammal species" with their young
and each other as well as with us, if we behave ourselves around them
for any span of time.  It's from them that we stole the overused term,
"unconditiional Love".

Then look at the incredible, unforgivable mischief we have wrought on
ourselves in the name of abstract concepts.  Pick a war, follow the
money, choose your chemical.

I'd hang out with Koko and her crew any time.  And, she shoots film -
with an SLR, already!  Who knew?

Bob in Seattle

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Re: Chimps and gorillas)