Subject: [Leica] NYC
From: hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner)
Date: Wed Dec 13 05:25:35 2006

Hello Everyone,
      Well, no matter how you look at it, NYC is still the Center of the
Universe...at least as far as many of my fellow city dwellers and I are
concerned. After all, where else can you find the best cheesecake in the
world, the best knishes, and restaurants like Katz' Delicatessen on Houston
Street?  Not to mention enough great hamburger joints and other eateries to
clog your arteries and cause you beg to for more--even while the paramedics
are carting you off to the emergency room to have your stomach pumped.
      Okay, go ahead and shoot me down. But I can't help myself! I was born
here 71 years ago, and I'm sure I'll leave from here when I finally go to
Leica Heaven. But not too soon, I hope.
  Regards,
  Hank

larry.k@rcn.com wrote:

> I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot
> abide by a tilted horizon.

>>The main reason I left New York.

My horizon is tilted? Most of the buildings look pretty plumb to my eye.
That's my horizon, haha.

James Thurber once observed that every New Yorker is a rat inside of a cage
(an apartment) inside of a prison (the city). I have observed that every
suburbanite is a rat inside of a cage (their cars) inside of a prison (the
highway system).

It all depends on your viewpoint... ;-)

Larry K.