Subject: [Leica] A newbie here..
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Wed Dec 13 08:46:56 2006

Yes Hank, I'm aware of VC Lanthar, it si indeed getting quite rave
reviews. It might be on my list, however I'd like to get my feet wet in
concert photography that I did at a times with my Canon and there I'll
need all the speed the lens can provide. With Canon the fastest I had
was their 70-200/2.8L zoom which is an excellent piece of glass (perhaps
unless I'll try some Leica...;-) ) and often even f/2.8 was quite
limiting. So chances I'll consider somethign like 90mm/2 albeit its
heft. Given Lanthar's pricing perhaps I'll be able to afford both
versions, while Lanthar will serve me on regular outings, travel and
similar...
Anyway, for the time being I'm willing to limit myself to just one,
single 50mm lens and see how I'll get hooked by RF...

Regards, Alex