Subject: [Leica] In Shock
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Wed Dec 13 18:41:50 2006

For the first time in morte than a year I went to the two primary
professional camera shops in Columbus, Ohio -- Midwest Photo Exchange
and Cord Camera (main store).  I realize that digital has overtaken
film, but was shocked to find virtually no used equipment, digital or
film.  Both stores previously had massive inventories of this stuff.
Also, the new digital equipment in stock was pretty pedestrian -- the
usual Canon and Nikon.   Very little Pentax, Olympus or  Panasonic.
Both are Leica dealers, but no digital or film Leicas were in stock.
The large MF and LF departments at MPEX are shells of its former
selves.  I guess I am partly to blame as I now buy most of my used and
new equipment mailorder.  Is this typical of what is happening to
camera stores in other markets?  I suspect it is and it is disturbing.
I'll think twice before buying mailorder in the future (in the unlikely
event I can find those items locally).

Rob McClure

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] In Shock)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] In Shock)