Subject: [Leica] A newbie here..
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Dec 14 16:20:40 2006

Larry K,
I don't know, but when I photograph mass road races I'm using something near
400mm on an SLR that predictively autofocuses at 8 frames a second.  I find
a runner, wait until they fill 3/4 of the frame and fire 2-5 frame bursts
timed to when the front foot is coming down.  Usually, the first frame shows
them in the air, the second frame has the front foot on the ground and the
fifth frame has the front leg passing to the rear.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com