Subject: [Leica] IMG: flower from a long ago friday
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Dec 15 12:00:59 2006

>I can only repeat what has been said before: outstanding work.
>Thanks for showing,
>Philippe
>

>Op 15-dec-06, om 07:57 heeft Henning Wulff het volgende geschreven:
>
>>Infrared Ektachrome, with telephoto (forgot which one):
>>
>>http://www.archiphoto.com/Various/Camellia.jpg
>>
>>Forgot to mention - this is about as straight a shot as you can get
>>from scanning through posting, with only spotting and sharpening.
>>Colours are due to the film.

Thank you Phillipe, George, Len, Ric and Walt.

I'll probably get tired of finding and scanning these soon, but there
are more. :-)

The Infrared Ektachrome (I think this was E-4, as the E-6 one had a
less interesting colour transposition) needed a deep yellow filter,
about a Wratten 15, to bring out the best range of colours. Otherwise
everything would be blue. It wasn't readily available for much of its
production run as it was about the only film that was E-4 when
everything else was E-6 already.

As with B&W Infrared, I sometimes used it in my architectural
photography to bring out textures that were otherwise hard to see, or
more often to make a dull or boring building appear more interesting
and exotic.

As an architectural photographer I always tried to put aside my other
profession as architect, since as a photographer my job was to
present whatever building in the best way, not to critique it.
Sometimes hard! :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design