Subject: [Leica] NW weather
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sat Dec 16 12:07:11 2006

Ted Grant wrote:
> Ric Carter asked:
> Subject: [Leica] NW weather
>

>> Ted--
>> > How's the weather for you?<<<
>
> Hi Ric,
> It was pretty wild around here during the night with trees coming down
> in many parts of Victoria and no hydro connections for several hundred
> thousands of homes and offices.
>
> In my home we were without power from sometime around 3 a.m until
> around noon today (Friday) But other than that we did fairly well. I
> don't feel bad about the electricity as this is the 3rd major wind
> storm this week and we only lost power the once. Where many others on
> Vancouver Island have been with out hydro for over a week due to one
> storm right after another. The hydro guys get lines fixed and it
> storms and they have to fix it all over again.
>
> Bad month for weather so far.
> Thank you for asking.
> ted

Ted,

Why didn't you use bottled water instead?  Friends of mine in your area
are without electricity, but they were well stocked
with bottled water (many 5 gallon jugs).  They certainly don't need the
tap hydro to water the lawn!

Jerry

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NW weather)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] NW weather)