Subject: [Leica] Any Interest in a 2006 LUG Yearbook, or The Miracle of Micropublishing
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Dec 17 11:07:11 2006

3 things:

1) This is a great an very applaudable initiative, Jim. Thank you for
that.
2) I'd go for blurb.
3) If it is to be printed with blurb:
All those that send their images, that care about accurate color
representation and that have PS: I think the most sure color profile
to embed is 'US sheedfed coated v.2'. This is CMYK, since the
printing is CMYK, too.
You can preview the result of this in PS by selecting view, proofing,
custom. Just set the preferred color profile. And don't be surprised
if your initial RGB image will turn out a wee bit differently. Be
sure though that this will be the way that your image will be printed.

Also: if requested, I can ask price to have it printed digitally over
here.
It will be in a non-automated 'one off' environment, with a color
proofing phase included, with paper choice (matte or satin, different
weights possible), a custom made jacket etc.
No ISBN number though, and no way of backordering: one run for those
that sent their shots (or the number they require) and that's it.
I would do it with the folks below, whom I do not have any
affiliation with, but of whom I know they're good since I already
worked with them professionally.
I have no idea of prices either, but it sure will be more expensive
than blurb: these are unbeatable prices. But the quality will be
better, that's for sure.

<http://www.triakon.be/site_en.htm>

I would have to do a price calculation, shipping included, and I
could not promise the total project to be ready before half of
february. But if y'all want to, I'm willing to do this.

Philippe

Op 17-dec-06, om 19:10 heeft Jim Shulman het volgende geschreven: