Subject: [Leica] I did not buy an M8, but I want one.
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Dec 17 11:23:44 2006

On 12/17/06, David Keenan <ausdlk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >David, try getting up on the other side of bed.
>
> I can always count on member(s) of LUG to kill the messenger and/or keep
> their head(s) in the sand.
>
> Dave.

No, Dave, it's just that your reaction and your continued invective
against the M8 has removed any credibility you have. Your inability to
relate why you dislike the camera has left many of us reading your
comments and they are as if shouted from deep in a darkened room - we
have no idea of context and what you found so deeply offensive about
the camera that you are incapable of saying a single good thing about
it and that you find a time to attack it at every opportunity.

So it's not about the messenger, Dave, it's about the message, or
rather the lack of an explicit message beyond disdain and contempt,
that colors your commentary.

If you write that "manifesto" - a truly awful choice of words that
brings the Unibomber to my mind - then we can read it and understand
what it was you disliked and, most importantly, WHY you disliked it.

Best regards and hoping you WILL write that essay because it needs to be
read...

Adam Bridge