Subject: [Leica] Regarding rainbows...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Dec 17 15:33:34 2006

Adam did you want to know or just tell us that you were in a catamaran off
Waikiki ;-)
When you tilted your head down, did you also see a frosty drink in your
hand? How about sideways, were there attractive ladies in
bikinis?

I imagine that the same optical rules would apply to the rainbow as to
reflections from the ocean's surface. It is after all water
reflecting light. In this case refracting it as well. Still I bet someone on
the list will provide a more scientific explanation.
Cheers
Hoppy