Subject: [Leica] weekly dose of fireworks
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 17 16:48:04 2006

Sonny showed:

> We really do have fireworks three blocks from my  house, every Saturday
> night of December, plus New Years Eve.
> > Can't stay  away....
> > http://www.sonc.com/fireworks_3_06.htm

Hi Sonny,
One of the things in your fire works photos is the flashes in the sky seem
to happen at a lower altitude or maybe due to the angle you shoot from.

Your "people watching" in many of them is what gives the photo an
interesting perspective the way the watchers are lit by the light. And
that's part of what I mean about the exploding flashes at a lower level to
earth surface than what many of us see in fireworks in our locations.

In this shot it seems we're almost eye level with some of the exploding
flashes. And without question in many of your photos you use the water
reflections very well therefore having a double lighting effect for every
flash in the sky.

Whatever it is you do it's time after time great stuff. :-) Thank you.

ted