Subject: [Leica] NW weather
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Mon Dec 18 12:25:27 2006

Seattle area is coming back up, albeit slowly.  Still thousands of
homes and businesses out of power, many thousands of fallen trees (lots
of them are huge fir and hemlocks, some poplars).

Just too much damage for the crews to contend with in short order.

Bob in Seattle

On Dec 18, 2006, at 11:57, Wade Heninger wrote:

> How's the rest of the Northwest LUG?  Everybody OK?

We are still out, as part of that "extended outlying areas" bit.  They
don't
expect to have us back online before Thursday.

We maintain a position of readiness for these kinds of things (food,
water,
fuel, candles) and so are not much impacted other than I can't turn on
my
computer or connect to the internet.  And I have a brand new Epson R2400
sitting there that I have not even played with yet.  Ugh.

Other than that, things are grand.

We are heading back to Canada (Alberta) for Christmas, so we might just
leave a day or two early...