Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Comparison
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 21 06:55:07 2006

At 08:26 AM 12/21/2006, you wrote:
>Please note that changing WB after the fact cannot fix the IR
>problems--the IR contamination shifts the colors of objects differently,
>depending on how much they reflect IR. Synthetic black goes to
>magenta.  Synthetic green goes to gray, and so forth.
>
>Mark Davison

Right, Mark!  I've discovered that no amount of color balancing in
photoshop can correct the strange colors.  Capture One seems to do the best
job with the Leica DNG files but it's still way off.  I hope the IR filters
will correct this and am encouraged to find out that they don't cut the
light any.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com