Subject: [Leica] RE: Canon vs. Nikon vs. Everybody else Digital
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Thu Dec 21 12:40:22 2006

Wayne Torry wrote:
> I'm late to the discussion.
>
> I didn't see any mention of the Zeiss ZF lenses for Nikon. There aren't
> very many and Nikon's smaller sensor will detract from the 50/1.4 and
> 85/1.4 natural field of view. On the other hand, they are very good
> lenses.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne

Hi,

I fondled with the Zeiss 85/1.4 a few weeks ago. The build quality and
finish is very good and as nice as Leica.
However, according to this website:
http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/zeiss_85mm/index.html
The canon 85/1.2 is better in optical quality except maybe for ca.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema