Subject: [Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Dec 21 16:17:44 2006

While I was in hawaii I looked at what the zillions of Japanese
tourists were shooting. Setting aside the point and shoot cameras I
saw virtually all Nikon cameras carried by the Japanese, most of those
being D200's. I have to say I was amazed by this. I honestly can say
that I don't recall seeing a Canon carried by anyone from Japan save a
couple of Canon HD video cameras.

I found that amazing - enough so that I kept remarking on it to my
wife who quickly tired of even hearing about it.

Obviously no Leicas although I did see a couple of M's in various hands.

Adam

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?)