Subject: [Leica] IMG: Merry Christmas
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Dec 25 18:11:21 2006

Quoth the Jeffery Smith :

> I didn't get the feeling of trite. My first instinct was that the full
> frame
> looked authentic, and the cropped frame looked posed. How does that work?
> :-0

The cropped version is such an intimate and perfect moment that it's
almost TOO perfect; we see hundreds of those, every year, in some
marketing form or other, and 99.99995% of them, give or take, are
posed to a faretheewell.  There are only a handful of shooters in the
world capable of this level of perfection without lights, directors,
and a full production number with live musicians and a chorus line.

We just happen to have several amongst our little club here.

(I prefer the uncropped version, myself;  I've seen enough greeting
cards.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com