Subject: [Leica] IMG: Merry Christmas
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 12:09:50 2006

Steve,

I was talking with one of the owners of the store, who had talked to Roger
Horn about the problem, and he was told it was found that the first set of
cameras have shown to have defective circuit boards which were not caught in
time prior to shipping.  That is why the first group needs to be sent back
to Leica for fixing, its not just a firmware thing.  The one in the store
with the updates/one from the new batch, seems to work very nicely and I did
not see any banding or ghosting at all.  Color seemed very acurate, but I
shot a phot of one of the salesmen with a black suit on and it did indeed
have the magenta shift, however the rest of the frame seemed right on as far
as color etc.  Now all I need to do is find some cash for it, or talk SWMBO
to let me use the credit card and get on the list. ;-)

Gene