Subject: [Leica] IMG; Contemplative
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 31 08:04:50 2006

Neal Friedenthal showed:

> Caught my wife in a rare contemplative mood with the M8 and a 50mm f1.4
> Summilux single light bulb, full aperture, 1/45 sec manual set, iso 320..
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/NealF/fam+frnds/L1021843a.jpg.html<<<

Hi Neal,
 very nice use of the light, particularly the catch-lights in her eyes!
Beauty! Makes them alive and gives life to the picture.

Given this is a contemplative moment and not a posed moment, please consider
this "nit picking" comment as superficial. However.

If it were possible, without destroying the moment. "that's most important"
in a situation like this, I'd have had her rotate her hand from the eye
catching flat side to camera, to the narrower angle of the "little finger
side of her hand toward camera."

When reading this, take the same pose  as your wife with left hand on chin
and rotate your hand counter clockwise until your thumb is at your chin and
you'll see exactly what I mean. Then you don't have the eye catching "flat
part."

All in all? It's a very nice captured moment. Love the catch light in her
eyes! :-)

ted