Subject: [Leica] PAW 46 - Statue
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Dec 31 13:13:13 2006

Ted,

thanks for the advice. I can only say that I prefer the light in the
hair of the first to the light on the second, although I am not so sure
(although I deliberately took it that way) about the lack of visibility
of her face in the first. But the first shows how the sculptor was able
to give a real sense of movement to lifeless stone and at least in part
it's the way the light falls that helps animate it.

The first is sharper than the second too.

thanks for the advice as ever, but I **think** I'll stick with my choice
of the first; although originally they were the other way round as PAW
and ALT PAW.

It really just shows how good those sculptors were.

Happy New Year

Peter