Subject: [Leica] Happy New Year! Now We Are 75
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 31 16:55:52 2006

Congratulations Jim for this remarkable effort on behalf of a bunch of folks
most you don't know other than on the screen.

But isn't that the greatness of the LUG? Being friends with so many people
we haven't had the warmth of a hand shake and a "Hi, I'm...."  whomever one
might be?

We laugh and cry together, we feel the loss of our pets and loved ones, as
well as the many nice things that happen within our families. It must be an
amazing collection of folks who stay and play together, not to forget we've
cried together. Yes and we've shared ticked off moments together, but what
the hell I can't think of a better bunch of folks I rather be stranded on a
desert island with! :-)

Given the state of the world these days with all it's bigotry, death and
destruction one onto another face to face. Here we are as a group on screen,
heaven knows what mixture of humans,  learning from one another, our
pictures in a book together, giving assistance to each other with no thought
of "pay back or profits in pocket!"

It's truly an amazing thing that we in a sort of reality way are a family of
strangers helping and assisting each other as though we're brothers and
sisters! If nothing else it shows humans who wish to cooperate together can
and do.

Too bad the rest of the world can't learn a lesson from the LUG!

See you all next year!

ted

Replies: Reply from morggan at earthlink.net (Horacio Sofi) ([Leica] Happy New Year! Now We Are 75)
Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Happy New Year! Now We Are 75)