Subject: [Leica] Pictopia ??
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Thu Jan 4 16:03:49 2007

Philippe Orlent writes:
 > Very interesting. Didn't know about such services.
 >
 > By the way: what is the quality of pictopia prints?

Pictopia's just down the street from me, and I take a core
conditioning class (think anti-backache) with one of the founders (so
maybe I'm not particularly unbiased...).

That said, they have a lightjet for their bigger stuff and use it
well.  They print for a variety of big names and always have great
looking stuff on the wall.  Half of them are heavyweight software
geeks and they have some fancy stuff between the input and the output.
I've even seen some nicely neutral black and white stuff that they've
done.

I think that they have a smaller printer/minilab for 4x6 level stuff,
but I'm not sure of the details.

g.