Subject: [Leica] leica elmarit 24mm/2.8 ASPH...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Jan 6 16:48:13 2007

Don't do that!  You take the chance of making something very out of round.

Place a rubberized surface on  the table.  I use a silicone rubber pot
holder from the kitchen.  Then put lens upside down on the
rubber surface, and turn the lens while pressing down on the back of the
lens.  Pressure makes contact with the rim of the lens
holding it still while you turn the lens to tighten it all up.

Also works for removing stubborn filters from  the front of lenses......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I just turned mine from the front with a dust cloth..

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] leica elmarit 24mm/2.8 ASPH...)