Subject: [Leica] Namche Market: focal zone
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 7 07:54:06 2007

Alastair showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Namche Market: focal zone

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/
>album119/2004Nepal152.jpg.html>
>>
>> http://www.tiny.cc/USQHR

G'day Alastair,
The eyes unfortunately distract more than they add, certainly as we see it
here!

BUT! Right where your main subject stands bartering there's an arm lower
left corner with pointing finger sticking into the frame. Not something you
might catch when shooting due to concentration on eyes and trying to get a
good depth of sharpness.

It's a minor point, but once seen it becomes quite obvious sticking in.:-(

I think a one stop smaller aperture might've made it work if it still
allowed a high enough shutter speed to avoid camera shake.

Another thought.Try burning down the eye building to almost the head level
of the people, very subtly as you don't want to make it so obvious that the
burn down becomes distracting.

But what bugs me more than the eyes is the damn arm sticking in right at the
crucial point of people action. :-( Try burning this down, if possible
without adding to the distraction.

The overall scene is one that could be milked with a whole roll of film
watching for different moments in the foreground that work with the eyes.
But that's for the next trip as you don't want to use the whole potential up
on the first go around! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Namche Market: focal zone)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Namche Market: focal zone)