Subject: [Leica] M8 Candles...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 7 10:44:12 2007

Leonard Taupier offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 Candles...

> OK. I admit it. I'm a candle person. I have tried maybe 3 or 4 times  in
> the past year to get that perfect still life, with candles and a  glass of
> wine and maybe a flower in the picture, in a darkened room.  But I'm not
> there yet. I'll keep trying though. In b&w. Very romantic.

Hey Len old buddy maybe yer working too hard?

Here's what I do, colour or mono.
Open bottle of wine, set glass, candle and interesting looking woman at the
table.

Camera loaded with whatever film and ready to go, shooting with R8 and
whatever lens will work under these conditions hand held. Some one else
lights candle or candles, I focus, camera picks shutter speed, it looks cool
to me in viewfinder, I whisper nice things , lady looks romantic, I go
click! And?

Very nice candle lit picture.:-)

Then some one hands her a long stem rose and she does things playing with
the rose and I shoot as the expressions change.

Final shot? She has the rose stem in her teeth kind of smiling while holding
up the glass of wine toward camera and also trying to look suggestive with
all this at the same time..... I go click!;-)

It's a rap! Candles go out, pictures look interesting!

See how easy that was? Now go for it old buddy! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] M8 Candles...)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] M8 Candles...)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] M8 Candles...)