Subject: [Leica] PAW promoting
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jan 8 17:32:31 2007

At 08:11 PM 1/8/2007, you wrote:
>Yeah...don' remind me.  That is one reason I have gotten Final Cut and am
>about to take some video classes...our business model is shifting rapidly
>and we have to change to keep up.  Did you see the article in "CREATE"
>magazine on the status of photography?  I was one of the photographers
>they interviewed for that story for the Southeast region.
>--
>Harrison McClary

Harrison -

Just say NO to video!!  Your still photos are too good!  I will never
switch because still photos are so much more powerful.  Besides, YouTube
will just take over the video market the way iStock has the stock
market.   It is not a good time to be a professional photographer.  I'm
still selling through agencies but the prices are dropping so fast for my
normal markets of textbooks and editorial, that you get vertigo just look
at the licenses granted and paltry sums paid.  I'm not sure it's worth it
to market stock photos anymore with all of the micro stock and RF agencies
selling photos with a perpetual license for $2 a download.  How can anybody
make a living at those prices!  I just have to keep hoping that nobody
wants to go to the crazy places I go and take photos of people.  Mine will
stay RM and maybe someday microstock and RF will cancel each other out and
discriminating buyers will only look at RM photos.  I hope!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] PAW promoting)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] PAW promoting)
Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] PAW promoting)