Subject: [Leica] Ivory-Billed and autofocus
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Jan 9 07:07:27 2007

An interesting note (on-topic) from the Florida search for the Ivory-
Billed Woodpecker.

> Tyler?s encounter was a great photo opportunity, but the camera
> failed us. Tyler?s SLR was set to auto focus and it focused instead
> of taking photos during the couple of seconds the bird was in front
> of him. This is extremely frustrating for all of us, but we are
> getting very close to a photograph of these woodpeckers. We?ll have
> a photo or video soon.
The first successful is being referred to a "million dollar" photo

The whole story:
<http://www.auburn.edu/academic/science_math/cosam/departments/
biology/faculty/webpages/hill/ivorybill/Updates.html>

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies