Subject: [Leica] that Epson R-D1 again
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Jan 10 14:28:32 2007

First of all, lets all admit it, the M8 is over priced, the Epson R-D1 was
over priced. There.

Having said that, as one of the earliest users of the R-D1, I have put in
~15000 pics on it. This is while shooting ~100 rolls of B&W each year. I
have just sent it in to DAG for RF adjustment as both the vertical and
horizontal have gone out of whack.

Do I regret the decision? Nope. Without it, I may not have gotten some of
those images. Will I be buying the M8 or its descendent? You bet, as soon
as I can find solution to the 5000 problem$. Why? Smaller size, higher MP,
softer shutter sound. etc.

Why? Because I have 35/1.4, 50/1.4, 75/1.4, and 90/2 and a couple other
sundry lenses, that for some reasons, will not mount on Nikon, Canon,
Olympus etc.

use richard at imagecraft.com)