Subject: [Leica] My Yearbooks Arrived Today
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 11 11:10:08 2007

Jim Shulman offered:

> Seems like the chef's the last one to eat <g>.
>
> While the images looked nice on screen, I was amazed at how well they
> reproduced.  For all the issues with blurb.com's shipping and
> communications, at least the finished product is well worth placement on
> the
> coffee table.<<<<

Jim mon ami, "IT'S LIKE WOW !!!!!!!!!

Good wife just brought mine to my room, obviously after opening the package
and examining the beautiful piece of work you've put to-gether!

She was all smiles and excited .... "I bet there's a lot of LUG machine
people who'll be sorry they didn't send a couple of photographs when they
see this! It's a wonderful book of fine photographs and a compliment to the
people on the LUG who submitted." Then I scoured it cover to cover, several
times! WONDERFUL! Beat's the heck out of seeing them on screen! :-)

A compliment to all.... "we're a damn fine bunch of photographers!!"

Those who didn't submit, "eat your heart out!!" As you missed a great
opportunity to have a picture or two in a very fine collection of
photographs by the people who you know as "screen friends and colleagues."
Pity!

However, Jim this is a great tribute to yourself and "Brian the saloon
Keeper" for maintaining the LUG allowing a great number of people about the
world to share our passion for photography and the equipment we use!

If the subject hasn't been put forward may I offer a suggestion a copy be
sent to the new CEO of Leica, I'm sure he'll find it very interesting
indeed. WHY?

Well gee whiz eh, the LUG just handed the Leica corporation a major piece of
free advertising the likes they haven't done in centuries! well OK in many
many years!

The closest book they did to this, not one whit better, was "75 Years of
Leica Photography."  If you have a copy look through our LUG, then 75 years
and the LUG holds it's own without question, even better than some of the so
called greats of the long long time ago photo world!

Our's is modern, today, up to the minute and it's a damn fine photography
book tribute.

So Jim a great big thank you for putting this together and making it happen.
I'd bet a $100.00 you've given a bunch of shooters something to feel good
about their work and smile!  Good on you lad!

Now onto 2007! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] My Yearbooks Arrived Today)
Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Lug Year Book Came)