Subject: [Leica] Chromogenic Films.....
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 12:56:44 2007

In a message dated 1/12/2007 2:27:34 P.M. Central Standard Time,
red735i@earthlink.net writes:

What do  you have to ask the minilab operators to get B+W prints?
Are they B+W  or   Purply-black and white?

If the lab lid knows  the right channel, they will be black and  white.  The
Illford has no Orange mask, and thus will sometimes have a  pleasing sepia
tone.  Done badly, they can have any color.  I was in a  rush to make
passport
pictures, and used some (I don't recall the brand, but I  think it was
ilford
XP2)

To my horrow, the first prrints came back with a distinct yellow  cast.  I
was out of time, so I sent them on to the passport office.

The agents at the Hong Kong Airport were very amused at my picture. They
passed it around.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com