Subject: [Leica] Re: Mac vs. PC - again!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Jan 13 21:00:49 2007

I take your point, Mark, and I never have ANYTHING pllugged into my
ears all day long.

There's something going on where you're expected not to have an
internal life - where reflecting and just THINKING is somehow not what
someone should be doing. Somehow it's a cult of music or a cult of
video or (worse) a cult of talking on the blankety-blank cell phone
while driving through parking lots, busy city streets, etc. It drives
me NUTS.

I find the iPhone attractive because I want internet connectivity and
access to information. When I'm driving I want to be able to phone
ahead and get a place to stay, find out about traffic, etc. I don't do
this WHILE I'm driving, but while my wife is. Or she does it while I
do - or we would if we could.

The iPhone looks like a big win in this regard.

Adam